Signs of Toxic Black Mold in Your Home

There are over 1,000 species of mold — but the majority of which are harmless to humans. However, there is one category of molds that can cause serious health issues to you and your family. Toxic black mold, although uncommon in homes, is no joking matter. If residents are experiencing health issues ranging from flu-like symptoms to neurological issues, then it’s time to get your home inspected by a professional.

Common Signs of Toxic Black Mold

There’s a major difference between health issues caused by non-toxic household mold and health symptoms caused by toxic mold. For those who have been exposed to non-toxic mold, symptoms will usually be:

  • Runny nose
  • Watery eyes
  • Sneezing
  • Coughing
  • Other allergy symptoms

Toxic black mold symptoms are usually more aggressive and serious and, if exposed for long periods of time, can even become deadly. Common toxic black mold health issues include:

  • Neurological symptoms such as confusion or dizziness
  • Respiratory issues such as wheezing, coughing, and sore throat
  • Vision or eye problems like blurry vision and red or bloodshot eyes
  • Skin issues such as rashes or lesions
  • And immune system issues like reoccurring infections

If you suspect you or your family members have health issues related to toxic black mold, it’s important to get your home inspected by a professional. Mold testing will include both a visual test and a chemical test, which requires taking a surface or air sample and sending it back to a lab for identification. If the tests come back positive for toxic black mold, our mold remediation company will then take the appropriate measures to seal off the affected area and remove all traces of the mold and mold spores.

Make sure your family is happy and healthy this season! Contact Bay State Mold Removal today for mold removal in Peabody, Lynn and Saugus MA.

Leave a reply

Call Now: 857-389-5284!